Shilfa, Carrick Shore,
Gatehouse of Fleet, DG7 2DT
“Shilfa” is a spacious beach house with a verandah, only a stone’s throw from the beautiful Carrick Shore. Birdlife abounds (“Shilfa” means chaffinch). This well insulated cedar house is an ideal base, Summer or Winter, providing a peaceful haven to enjoy the natural beauty and charm of the Stewartry area. For many of the “Shilfa” guests, one visit is rarely enough.
- Wonderfully spacious livingroom (15’ x 21’ 6”)
- Open plan well fitted kitchen
- 1 Double bedroom
- 1 Twin bedded room
- Bathroom with shower over the bath
- Patio doors to verandah for alfresco dining
- Lockable garden shed for bikes
- Extensive garden with secret pathways to quiet reading bench
Sorry, NO PETS.
NO SMOKING inside the property.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY 4 (plus a baby)
“Our 20th visit, it must be good!” – Stockton On Tees
“Another fantastic stay at Shilfa. We love this place.” – Selby
“Had an amazing time, wonderful views and great to see the night sky!” – Glasgow
“Never has time gone so fast while taking life so slowly – brilliant” – Selby
“Fantastic fortnight ! Weather superb. Wildlife superb as well” – Kendal
“Be it fair or stormy weather Shilfa always remains a treasure”
House Facilities Included
- Fridge Freezer
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing facilities
- TV, DVD, CD Stereo, radio
- Electric cooker, microwave
- Night storage heating
House Facilities Available By Request
- Cot – no extra charge (N.B. Guests are asked to provide their own cot bedding.)
- Highchair – no extra charge
- Linen – £20 per stay. Includes sheets, pillowcases & duvet covers for number of beds required .
- House Towels – no extra charge but require to be specifically requested. Please bring your own beach towels.
Arrival & Departure: Arrival is expected from 4.00pm onwards. Please depart by 10.00am prompt.